Advise # 2 @ 69 days before christmas – How to Plan a Christmas Party.
Christmas is one of the most festive season of the year. Parties here and there and planning can be a daunting task to be honest but if executed well, it’s nothing short of fulfilling. If you find yourself tasked to host or plan a christmas party, here are a few planning tips, based on my own experience.
- Determine the budget.
It all start’s with a budget, it defines you the scope of your party, whether you can afford to have it on a lavish venue or whether you should keep it simple – it’s a question of how much the budget should be.
- Form a committee – although some might say that they can do it alone, I’d say the more help you will have, the better it can get. Having a committee saves you a lot of time and effort because you can delegate some areas to other people, such as who will be in charge of the budget, the venue, the program, etc.
- Think of a theme. This is optional but it would be nice if you have a specific theme for the party because it will help in formulating ideas for the program and games. Here are some ideas: Moulin Rouge, Red and Black, Korean inspired fashion, hollywood inspired, or anything – be creative.
- Scout for a venue, as early as 2 to 3 months before, yes – that early! If you scout for a venue weeks before the party, you will have a hard time booking the place that you’d exactly love. To help you save time, here are some of the places we have considered a few years back. Piece of advise – look for a venue that comes with a packaged or consumable set meals.
photo from: wackwack.com
Venue Budget / Rates Comments Contact Number Wack wack golf and country club 18,000 Php for 25 pax with consumable food. Their accredited caterer is Via Mare Place and Food is great. They have function rooms as large as it can accommodate 150pax and as small as 25 pax (632) 723-0665 locals 303-304 MannHann, Little Baguio San Juan 15,000 Php for 25 pax with consumable food This branch has a function room on its 2nd floor that can accommodate up to 50 pax (02) 723-2917 to 18 #7 Scout Dr. Lazcano Street, QC 15,000 Php for the venue rental. Doesn’t include food This is a big house being rented for parties and events, it’s 400sqm property. Very ideal for large crowds parties on a budget 0917-8403357
- Raffle Prizes! the selling point of your party. No party is complete without raffle prizes. Categorize your raffle prizes to major and minor. Here are some ideas for raffle prizes.
- Digital Gadgets – mobile phones, tablets, itouch, USB, external HD, Digital Cameras, PSP. We often buy digital gadgets from Gilmore Ave. QC, Cyberzone Megamall, and lazada.com.
- Starbucks Planner
- Sleepcare Pillows
- Appliances – griller, blender, flat screen TV,
- Vouchers – SM Vouchers, Rustan’s Vouchers, Vouchers from ensogo.com or dealgrocer.com
- Branded Bags – Lacoste, coach, ninewest
- Organize, Organize, Organize! – keep a budget tracker, set a target date for each tasks that you need to accomplish.
- Organize your program.
For planning a family reunion this Christmas you may refer to this post.
I hope these suggestions will help you on organize your Christmas party this holiday season. Cheerio!